Thursday, June 09, 2005

Weight Watching...

I went to Weight Watchers on my lunch break today and signed up. I actually did WW about 10 years ago (wow-has it been that long?) and I lost 70 lbs. That was B.C. (before children). I kept off the weight for about a year and half, and then got pregnant with my son. I gained 70 lbs. while I was pregnant and then another 30 lbs. when I quit smoking the first time. I was, shall we say, a teeny tiny bit lackadaisical in returning to that healthy lifestyle I once (albeit briefly) enjoyed before having children. Kid #2 came along almost 3 years ago and I've still yet to accomplish any weight goals I once set for myself. Well, enough is enough and I'm not going to take it anymore!! Yay for me.

A snotty co-worker gave me the perfect motivation today, too. Before I left I told her I was going to take an early lunch. Then I told her I was going to a WW meeting on lunch and that's why I was leaving early. Just said I felt it was the right time, then I jokingly said, "Because I don't want to be a big fat slob anymore," and laughed. So then she says to me, "You aren't a slob! I would be lying if I said you weren't fat, but you're not a slob."

Ummm, yeah, how's THAT for motivation? Grrr...
Well, I may be fat, but at least I have tact.

1 Comments:

At July 18, 2005 at 11:06 PM, Blogger PurplePoizon said...

Tact and a heck of a lot MORE!!! Jeeze, what a biotch! You are doing so great Tracy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home